Ricky Martin denies domestic abuse allegations after police file restraining order

Ricky Martin denied all domestic violence allegations against him in Puerto Rico over the weekend.

The “Livin’ La Vida Loca” singer’s denial follows local police announcing on Saturday that a domestic violence restraining order had been filed against him.

No More Deadline

The suit was filed under Law 54, also known as the Domestic Violence Prevention and Response Act. The Associated Press reported that police were unable to issue the order against the singer on Friday, as they had not yet reached him at that time.

“We confirm that the Puerto Rico Police are in the process of filing a protective order, under Law 54, issued against Mr. Enrique Martín,” police said in a statement.

Police spokesman Axel Valencia told AP that the order bars Martin from contacting the complainant and that a judge will decide later whether the order should remain in place. The plaintiff of the claim has not been named.

“The allegations against Ricky Martin that led to a protective order are completely false and fabricated,” representatives for Martin told People magazine. “We are very confident that when the true facts are revealed in this case, our client Ricky Martin will be fully vindicated.”

It’s been a troubled week for the star, sometimes dubbed ‘the king of Latin pop’ with his ex-manager Rebecca Drucker is suing him for $3 million in unpaid commissions. Drucker managed Martin for two separate periods, from 2014 to 2018 and later from 2020 to 2022. His lawyers filed a sometimes scathing 15-page document in support of his claim, adding, “With Rebecca at his side, Martin made millions of dollars. dollars and therefore owes Rebecca substantial commissions.

Best of Deadline

Register for Deadline Newsletter. For the latest news, follow us on Facebook, Twitterand instagram.

Click here to read the full article.

Comments are closed.